Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Gamechangers" vs. gamechangers

Last week my class had to listen to another sermon from one of my professors. He praised all those who were devoted to his subject like some damn religion and said those who weren't taking his subject seriously would just end up as another statistic in the unemployed counter. I would not mind this if it wasn't for two things. One is that his subject is not even our major. The professor knows this and yet he shoves his subject down our throats as if we really needed it. He clearly doesn't know his place. He also advocates what a CNN article wrote as "conformity rather than independence, competition rather than collaboration, regurgitation rather than learning and theory rather than application." But that is not the main point of this blog post.

Remember those students I told you who were being praised? Clearly the professor does not know who is he talking about. Those so called future gamechangers as he called them are anything but gamechangers. They are people who hide under poker faces to mask the fact that they are nothing more than mere cheaters. I'm pissed at this. I'm better than they are. Yet thanks to their dishonest ways, they have outclassed me. Even if you discount the fact that they are cheaters, they don't act the part of gamechangers. They act like little kids, all immature and all. They know all about local soap opera shit and yet have no clue who David Cameron is. While me and my friends talk about the political consequences of the Libyan Civil War, they talk about gossip. I speak about new ways to reform my school's handling of policies and they speak of the latest episode of Big Brother. Are these what you call gamechangers? If so, then the world is doomed...metaphorically speaking of course. But this is unlikely to be the case. Based on history, its improbable such people to displace those who have a real chance to be gamechangers. To make things more interesting, our professor is going recommend these so called gamechangers to big time companies. I can't wait to see the look on my professor's face when he realizes that these visionaries of his are all smoke and mirrors.